A notification has been issued on 5th May 2021 in connection with Complete Lockdown in Punjab 8th To 16th May 2021 by Punjab Government, Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department.
The detail of said notification in same is as under;
Complete Lockdown in Punjab During Eid-ul-Fitr Holidays 2021
NO. SO(G)/P&SHD/4-1/2021. WHEREAS the number of COVID-19 cases is on the rise in the Province of Punjab, the positivity rate in some cities is constantly rising and the third wave is looming, which poses a serious and imminent threat to public health. Hence, it is mandatory to take all possible safety measures for prevention.
AND WHEREAS, in my opinion, there are sufficient grounds to proceed under Section 4(c), 5(1)(e), 5(1)(1) of “The Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Act 2020” as an immediate preventive and expeditious remedy and the directions hereinafter appearing are necessary to ensure public health, safety. control the spread of COVID-19 and conserve lives in the Province of Punjab.
AND WHEREAS, the declaration that COVID-19 represents a serious and imminent threat to public health throughout the Province of Punjab under Section 3() of the Act ibid has already been published in the Gazette after approval of the Chief Minister.
NOW, THEREFORE, in the exercise of powers under Sections 4c), 5(1)(e), 5(0() of “The Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Act 2020”. I. Sarah Aslam, Secretary, Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department, Government of Punjab, with the approval of Chief Minister, Punjab, am pleased to order the following: –
- Activities: All markets, businesses, offices and shops shall remain closed except following essential services:
|1||Pharmacies / Medical Stores. Medical Petrol Pumps, Tandoors, Milk/ Dairy Shops, Food Takeaways and E-, commerce (Home Delivery), Utility Services (Electricity, Natural Gas, Internet, Cellular Networks / Telecom, Call Centers) and Media.||(24 hours a day 7 days a week)|
|2||Bakeries. Grocery Stores, Sweet Shops, Vegetable, Fruit, Chicken & Meat Shops.||(9:00AM TIII 6:00 PM, 7 days a|
- Chand Raat Bazaars: There shall be a complete ban on Chand Raat Bazaars including mehndi, jewelry/ornaments, and clothing stalls.
- Restaurants: There shall be a complete ban on Indoor and outdoor dining throughout the province and only takeaway/ home delivery shall be allowed.
- Weddings / Functions: There shall be a complete ban on indoor weddings throughout the province and all types of Marriage Halls. Community Centers, Marquees, and Event Halls shall remain closed. Furthermore, outdoor weddings shall also remain banned in Attock, Bahawalpur, Bhakkar, Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Mandi Bahaudin, Mianwali. Mullan, Muzaffargarh. Okara, Pakpattan, Rajanpur, Rawalpindi, Rahim Yar Khan, Sahiwal,
higher than 8%.
- Tourism: There shall be a complete ban on tourism. All tourist resorts, formal and informal picnic spots, public parks, Shopping Malls. Restaurants and hotels in/ around the tourist/ picnic spots shall remain closed. shall remain closed.
- Mask Wearing: All Citizens shall use face-covering in public spaces throughout the province.
- Shrines: All Shrines / Mazaars shall remain closed in Attock, Bahawalpur, Bhakkar, Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Hafizabad, Jhang, Kasur, Khanewal, Khushab, Lahore, Layyah, Mandi Bahaudin, Mianwali, Mullan, Muzaffargarh, Okara, Pakpattan, Rajanpur, Rawalpindi, Rahim Yar Khan, Sahiwal, Sargodha, Narowal and Sheikhupura, being cities with positivity ratio higher than 8% and outdoor gatherings throughout the province. Sports, Festivals, Cultural and other events: There shall be a complete ban on sports, festivals, cultural, social, and other events throughout the province.
- Rail service: Rail service shall operate at 70% of capacity.
- Transport: There shall be a complete ban on inter-provincial and intracity public transport except for private vehicles, taxis/cabs, and rickshaws with 50% occupancy. There shall also be a complete ban on inter-city public transport except on weekends (Saturday & Sunday with 50% occupancy.
District administration and Police shall work in close liaison to ensure strict implementation of this order. This order shall come into force w.e.f. 8 May 2021 within territorial limits of Punjab and shall remain in force till 16th May 2021.
The order of complete lockdown in Punjab shall be given wide publicity in official Gazette, Daily Newspapers and broadcasting through Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Television and other TV Channels as a news item for information of the general public.