The government of Punjab has issued detailed guidelines for processing the case of the creation of a post of OSD for payment of Financial Assistance to the family of the deceased. Details are as under:
- It has been observed that the expenditure wing refers to the routine cases for the creation of the post of OSD for the financial assistance of the deceased employees to the regulations wing which causes unnecessary delay in processing the case and causes inconvenience to the family of the deceased employees.
- In order to curtail the agony of the family of the deceased, all the sections of the expenditure wings are requested to examine the case properly in the light of the Finance Department’s letters No.FD.SR-l/3-10/2004, dated 15.08.2017, 12.09.2017 and 03.10.2017.
Further to facilitate the sections following guidelines are notified for the processing of the case for creation of post of OSD for the financial assistance of the deceased:
- The date of superannuation needs to be calculated from the date of birth as mentioned in the service book in case of non-gazetted officers (copies of service book attested by the administrative department).
- The date of superannuation needs to be calculated from the service period mentioned on the last salary slip in the case of gazetted officers.
- In case of discrepancy in calculation of the age of superannuation from the date of birth from CNIC and date of entry in service on service book, the date on service book will be taken for calculation of age superannuation as per Rule 7.3 (Note-I) of Punjab Financial Rule volume-I.
- Finance Department has devised a list of family members to whom the financial assistance may be disbursed. It includes all the family members as provided in rule 4.10 of The Punjab Civil Services Pension Rules.
- Order for creation of the post of OSD must mention the name of eligible family members in whose favor post is created, basic pay and pay scale of the post, and time period for which post of OSD is created (beginning date is the date of death and ending date is the date of superannuation).
- The expenditure of the creation of the post of OSD shall be borne by the administrative department from its own budget and the same shall be mentioned in the order for the creation of the post of OSD. However, in case the department requires an additional budget separate cases for the supplementary budget will be moved by the administrative department.
- The deceased’s family will be allowed salary along with annual increases in pay less conveyance allowance.
- Draft order for the creation of the post of OSD is attached for reference.
- The approval for the creation of the post of OSD will be granted by the concerned Additional Secretary Finance Department.
- Audit copy will be authenticated with the approval of the concerned Dep Secretary Finance Department.