Applying for a driving license in Pakistan always felt a bit redundant and tedious for most people. Now with the exception and provision of an online application system for the issuance of a driving license, things seem a bit easier and more relaxing.
With the help of the Pakistan Information Technology Board (PITB), now you can apply for a driving license through the digital system DLIMS. Through DLIMS, the process of driver license issuance has been spread out to 36 districts across Punjab.
Let’s take a look at the application procedure for the application of a Driving License:
- Login to the DLIMS Website.
- Download the required form in the download sections.
- Fill the form
- Submit the required documents to the nearest licensing center.
- Pass the initial theoretical test after a licensing period of 42 days.
- Take the driving test.
Now let’s take a look at the documents necessary for the renewal of driving license:
Note to mention:
An important note to mention here is that if you want to renew your license, you need not give the theoretical and Driving test, all you need is to submit the required documents to the licensing center in person.
- The application form E enclosed in a cover.
- 2 Passport-sized Photos
- 2 copies of your CNIC
- Your original driving license
- Fee ticket as mentioned in License Document
- Medical reports
- Ticket of the relevant license
All licenses are renewed for a period of 5 years, below are the different issuance fees for different vehicles:
Another important note to mention here is the fact that the renewal of a license does not cost anything if renewed within a month, if the license is renewed in a period of 1 to 3 months, a 50% fine will be charged, and if the renewal takes place within 3 months to 1 year, a fine of 100% will be imposed.