A notification has been issued on 19th May 2021 vide no. MD(KP-PSRA)3-1/Gen, Req/ 2018 on 19th May 2021 at Peshawar by the Private Schools Regulatory Authority Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The further detail of said notification in same is as under;
Approved Books will be Taught in all Classes by DCTE
Keeping in view the prevailing situation which demands utmost compliance by Private Schools, following standard operative procedures are issued with the approval of the competent authority.
In the recent inspection drive, it has surfaced up tat several Private schools are teaching Directorate of Curriculum and Teacher Education Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (DCTE) unapproved books in schools. Individually, such schools were fined and their registrations were suspended. Directions were issued to these schools to teach only DCTE Khyber Pakhtunkhwa approved books in their syllabus.
A need was felt to circulate following SOPs to all Private Schools of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa;
- It is for the information and compliance of all Private Schools that from the upcoming session only the DCTE approved Books will be taught in all classes.
- Furthermore, previously approved books need approval in the context of the promulgation of the Single National Curriculum initiative by the Government.
- All Private Publishers are required to individually pursue the approval of each book from DCTE Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Books approved in Federal Territory or other Provinces in Pakistan cannot automatically be considered approved in the Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Each book needs to be singularly approved by DCTE Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Each approved book needs to Paste formalized approval form from DCTE KPK on the first page of the book
- All schools operating within the territory of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa of their affiliation with any National or Foreign exam-taking body are to strictly comply with these directions.
- Parents need to be vigilant about the books being taught to their children in the schoool. List of approved books can be found on PSRA official website. they can launch a complaint against the school with PSRA if any incongruity is found.