Punjab Examination Commission (PEC) Lahore has issued the official Notification on 16th February, 2021 in connection with PEC conduct School Based Assessment 2021 Class-1 to Class-8th and issuance of report cards by Schools.
PEC Conduct of SBA For Class-1 to Class-8th
In pursuance of the notification N. SO (0.1) 1.31/2008 dated 28.01.2021 issued by School Education Department, Govt. of the Punjab. the following schedule Is hereby notified in order to conduct School Based Assessment (SBA) for Grade-I to VIII by the District Education Authorities as per SOPs given thereunder.
PEC Examination Schedule Grade-I To Grade-VIII 2021
|1||Conduct of SBA For Grade-I to Grade-VIII||18th May To 31st May, 2021|
|2||Issuance of Report Cards By Schools||Before 10th June, 2021|
PEC SOP For Conduct of Class-1 To Class-8th Examination 2021
The PEC Standard Operating Procedures are given below in detail;
- Mode of assessment of the academic session 2020-21 is 50% weightage for Homework and 50% weightage for MCQ based paper.
- Assessment for Class-1 & 2 (English, Maths, General Knowledge and Urdu) will be Oral and instruments will be provided by the PEC;
- Item bank of 100 Items per subject for Grade III to VIII of all core subjects (English, Maths, Science, Urdu, Computer Science, History & Geography and Islamiyat / Ethics) will be provided by PEC;
- Assessment of remaining /optional subjects will be prepared and conducted by school itself;
- Each MCQ paper will be of 25 items having 2 marks for each item with a duration of 60 minutes (in multiple sessions daily if needed) as per SOPs of Covid-19 issued by Govt of the Punjab.
- Date sheet for SBA will be issued by the Head Teacher of the school as per above mentioned schedule.
- Punjab Examination Commission (PEC) will establish a Control Room at provincial level for coordination / facilitation to District Education Authorities;