According to the Punjab University Breaking News 2021; the new notification of closure of university 15th March to 28th March 2021 issued by the Punjab University Registrar Department.
- The Pro-Vice Chancellor
- All the Deans of Faculties,
- Principals of Constituent Colleges
- Directors of Institutes/Centers
- Chairmen/Chairpersons of the Departments
- Director General Gujranwala Campus
- Director, Jhelum Campus
- Heads of Non-Teaching & Administrative Departments
- University of the Punjab, Lahore
Covid-19: Closure of University From 15-03-2021 To 28-03-2021
In the wake of a considerable rise in COVID-19 positive cases and in pursuance of the directions of NCOC, HEC, and Higher Education Department, Government of Punjab, vide Notification No.SO(Admn.)Misc./2020 dated 10.03.2021 for early Spring Break w.e.f 15.03.2021 to 28.03.2021, the University Deans’ Committee chaired by the Vice-Chancellor held on 11.03.2021 decided as follows:
- The University will remain closed for the physical attendance of the students from 15.03.2021 to 28.03.2021. However, the face to face / physical classes will be shifted to online mode, during this period. All the faculty members are requested to take the classes as per time table issued by the relevant College/Institute/Centre/ Department/School in online mode.
- All the on-campus scheduled examinations shall remain postponed or may be given the option of online mode during this period.
- The hostels will remain closed for this particular period for all the hostel residents except international students. Therefore, the hostel administration is hereby directed to ask the students to vacate the hostels till 12.03.2021.
- It is, further advised to ensure strict observance of the COVID-19 SOPs, health and safety protocols i.e., thermal scanning, wearing face masks, social distancing, availability, and regular use of hand sanitizers, and disinfection of buildings.