Punjab Government, Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department has issued the official notification letter on 13th March, 2021 in connection with due to increasing Covid-19 cases and now Govt has decided to reimposes restrictions in March 2021.
Details of Covid-19 Restrictions in Punjab March 2021
NO. SO(G)/P&SHD/4-1/2021. WHEREAS, the number of COVID-19 cases is on the increase in the Province of Punjab, positivity rate in some cities is constantly rising and third wave is looming, which poses a serious and imminent threat to public health. Hence, it is mandatory to take all possible safety measures for prevention and control of this disease in the Province of Punjab.
AND WHEREAS, in my opinion there are sufficient grounds to proceed under Section 4(c), 5(1)(e), 5(1) (f) of “The Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Act 2020” as an immediate preventive and expeditious remedy and the directions hereinafter appearing are necessary to ensure public health, safety, control the spread of COVID-19 and conserve lives in the Province of Punjab.
AND WHEREAS, the declaration that COVID-19 represents a serious and imminent threat to public health throughout the Province of Punjab under Section 3(1) of the Act ibid has already been published in the Gazette after approval of the Chief Minister.
NOW THEREFORE, in substitution of this department’s order of even number dated 11th March 2021 and in exercise of powers under Sections 4(c). 5(1)(e), 5(1)(f) of “The Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Act 2020”, I, Captain (R) Muhammad Usman, Secretary, Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department, Government of the Punjab, with the approval of Chief Minister, Punjab, am pleased to order the following:
- All commercial activities, establishments, markets and area throughout the province of Punjab shall be closed by 8:00 1 of 4 on weekdays and shall remain completely closed on weekends i.e. Saturday & Sunday except the following:
|1||All medical services & Pharmacies/ Medical Stores, bakeries, General / Karyana stores, Milk / meat /chicken shops, Tire puncture shops, fruit & vegetable shops, tandoor, atta chakkies, postal/courier services, driver hotels, petrol pumps, oil depots, LPG outlets & filling plants, agriculture machinery ) workshops and spare parts shops, printing press, call centers (with 50% staff and no public dealing). Takeaway/Home Delivery from restaurants shall remain open||(24 hours a day, 7 days a week)|
- Weddings / Functions: All type of Marriage / Event Halls, Community Centers and Marquees in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Faisalabad, Multan, Gujranwala and Gujrat shall remain closed with effect from 15th March 2021. Only outdoor marriage functions in open areas shall be allowed subject to upper limit of 300 guests and strict implementation of COVID 19 SOPs.
- Restaurants: There shall be complete ban on Indoor & Outdoor Dining in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Faisalabad, Multan, Gujranwala and Gujrat and only takeaway / home delivery shall be allowed in these cities. d. Amusement Parks:
- Amusement parks throughout the province shall close at 6:00 PM each day. Mask
- Wearing: All Citizens shall use face covering in public spaces.
- 50% Work from Home: All Public | Private offices and establishments shall follow the policy of Work from home for 50% of their staff throughout the province.
- Cinemas / Shrines: All Cinemas and Shrines shall remain closed throughout the province.
- Large Gatherings: There shall be a complete ban on all types of indoor gatherings while only outdoor gatherings with upper limit of 50 persons shall be allowed in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Faisalabad, Multan, Gujranwala and Gujrat and 300 persons (outdoor) in the rest of the province for a maximum duration of 2 hours. Sports / Cultural / Other Events:
- All types of Sports, Cultural and other activities and events shall remain banned throughout the province.
- Industrial activities and establishments shall remain exempt from operation of this order. District administration and Police shall work in close liaison to ensure strict implementation of this order.
This order shall come into force immediately and shall remain in force till 29th March 2021.
All other Micro Smart Lockdowns (MSLDs) orders shall also continue to remain in force till their individual expiry to curb COVID-19 spread in high risk localities.
This order shall be given wide publicity in official Gazette, Daily Newspapers and broadcasting through Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Television and other TV Channels as news item for information of the general public.