Secretary to the Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Peshawar has released a recorded note on the decision regarding the retirement age in KPK final notification 2021. The further details of the notification is given below;
Govt Employees Retirement Age in KPK 2021
The meeting was held under the chairmanship of the Honorable Chief Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in the conference room of the Chief Minister of House on 09.03.2021 at 10:30 am. The following participants in the meeting: –
- Minister for Elementary and Secondary Education, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The Minister for Finance, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Minister for Local Government and Rural Development Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Chief Secretary, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Additional Chief Secretary Planning and Development Department Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Secretary to Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Secretary to G Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Elementary and Secondary Education Department.
- AIG headquarters Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police Department.
- Additional Secretary Finance Department Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The meeting began by recitation of verses from the Holy Quran. The Honorable Chief Minister welcomed the participants. After that, there were discussions about the retirement age of government employees. The discussion focused on the administrative, financial, legal and political years of retirement. Finally, the committee decided: –
KPK Establishment Department Notification Regarding Pension
I am directed to refer to the aforementioned article and say that the Peshawar High Court in Peshawar in its judgment of 19.02.2020 passed WP No. 567-P / 2019 entitled “Malik Zaheer-ud-din & Others Vs Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa” immediately proclaimed the Khyber Pakhtunkhawa Civil Servants (Amendment) Act, 2019 as the supreme law of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1973 and ordered that those retirees on their retirement age of 60 years will retire on that date. Their pension benefits will be calculated until that date, however, under the locus penitential law, their subsequent salaries will no longer be available, as they have worked at this stated time.
I also recommend that immediate action be taken as a result of the aforementioned decision of the Peshawar High Court and the pension cases of officials / officers of your departments which may be considered on 31.07.2019 depending on the final outcome of the CPLA in Pakistan High Court. Proceedings and calculations of pensions may be terminated by considering the dates provided in the aforesaid judgment.