A very important meeting was held today 18th April 2021 under the chairmanship of the federal minister Mr.Shafqat Mehmood and Health and Education Ministers of Punjab, Sindh, KPK, Balochistan provinces and AJK/GB .
The final key points of this meeting are as under;
Will Schools Open on 19th April 2021 or Not?
Classes 9 to 12 would commence in affected districts . List of these districts are as under;
- , Rawalpindi
- Rahim Yar Khan
- DG Khan in a staggered manner to allow students to prepare for Board exams. Shafqat Mehmood
Exams Schedule 2021
- 9 to 12 exams will take place according to the new date sheets announced by the Boards. This means will not start before the 4th week of May. The University admissions schedule, universities will adjust keeping in view the new exam timetable.
A, AS, O level, and IGCSE Exams
- They also decided with a complete consensus among ministers that A, AS, O level and IGCSE exams will take place as per the date sheet, CAIES announced. There will be no delay or cancellation. Those students wishing to take exams in Oct/Nov can do so in the same fee already paid Meeting was also informed that Cambridge has decided not to give teacher assessed grades this year therefore those not taking exams will take them in the next cycle Oct/Nov. Cambridge also assured that all SOPs will be strictly followed
- Universities in affected districts will continue online while in districts with less than 8% positivity they will continue to function.
Class One to Eight
- They also decided that classes 1 to 8 will remain closed. Provinces and GB/AJK will issue the details.